March 1, 2012
I was thinking today about the value of worship, and what I mean by worship is the disciplining and directing of our thoughts toward God as we listen to music and sing songs unto God. I have been in several discussions this week where the huge difference in people’s situations and life experiences was the simple step of committing to position themselves in a worship environment. God made us to be worshippers of Him.
· Worship will clear your thoughts in times of confusion.
· Worship will calm fears and settle anxiety.
· Worship will change your mood.
· Worship will lift your eyes above your circumstances.
· Worship will alter your negative opinion of others.
· Worship will help you overcome temptation.
· Worship will move you from happiness to true joy.
· Worship will help you make a tough decision.
· Worship will change you from the inside out.
· Worship will heal your emotions.
· Worship will correct you before someone else does.
· Worship will help you pray correctly.
Wow, I could go on and on with this list. Feel free to add to this list in your own words, but if you are not regularly committing yourself to Jesus-honoring music, meditation and song, you will miss these great benefits.
Psalm 92: 1-4 ~ It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to sing praises to your name, O Most High;
to declare your steadfast love in the morning,
and your faithfulness by night,
to the music of the lute and the harp,
to the melody of the lyre.
For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work;
at the works of your hands I sing for joy.